At Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center, we don’t just treat cancer. We help people understand how to prevent cancer, how to face it, and how to live a full, happy life during and after treatment.
Screening and risk management are important parts of our mission. In addition to prevention counseling and education for those at risk of cancer or looking to reduce their cancer risk, we offer cancer screening programs and events around Middle Tennessee.
Cancer Prevention and Screening: Why Choose Vanderbilt-Ingram
- Genetic risk testing: Our Hereditary Cancer Clinic uses state-of-the-art genetic testing for those with a family history or lifestyle risk for cancer.
- A wealth of cancer resources: There are many ways we offer cancer education and support to patients, caregivers and the community. This includes programs through our Center for Human Nutrition and Office of Patient and Community Education (OPACE).
- Research and clinical trials: As an NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center, we are advancing the latest research and trial studies in cancer prevention and early detection.
- A commitment to community health: Our Office of Patient and Community Education (OPACE) supports cancer prevention activities and events throughout Middle Tennessee.
Cancer Prevention and Screening Services
- Cancer screenings
- Cancer seminars, support groups, wellness programs and events
- Childhood cancer screenings
- Genetic risk testing
- Nutritional and lifestyle counseling
- Outreach and education
- Patient and family resources