The Seating and Mobility Clinic works with adults who need special seating or help in movement. These needs are often because of physical disability or injury, including pressure ulcers. Our specialists will help you attain mobility equipment that meets your physical, lifestyle and financial needs.
Seating and Mobility Clinic: Why Choose Vanderbilt
- A leader in seating and mobility: Our clinic is led by a physical therapist, certified in assistive technology byRehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America (RESNA). This special training enables her to make the best recommendations to meet your unique needs.
- Individualized care: After an in-depth assessment, our physical therapists will make recommendations to you for equipment that will help you meet your goals. These goals may include making changes to your seating and positioning for better skin health or healing of a pressure ulcer.
- Social services: Our physical therapists work with local RESNA-certified suppliers to help you get a mobility device that fits your lifestyle and financial needs. We will also work with your insurance provider to address coverage for your device.
Seating and Mobility Clinic: Services We Offer
The physical therapists at the Seating and Mobility Clinic are not only licensed, but also certified as assistive technology professionals (ATP) by the Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America (RESNA). We offer seating and mobility options such as backrests, cushions, scooters, wheelchairs and other support components.
Our services include:
- In-depth assessment of seating, positioning and skin protection
- Pressure mapping and assessment
Seating and Mobility Referral Form
Seating and Mobility Clinic Locations
Vanderbilt Pi Beta Phi Rehabilitation Center
Medical Center East – South Tower, 9thFloor
1215 21st Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37232
Phone: (615) 936-5000
Map and Directions
Seating and Mobility Clinic Care Team
Penny Powers, PT, MS, ATP
Seating and Mobility Clinic: Related Services and Programs