Vanderbilt University Hospital Advisory Council
The Vanderbilt University Hospital Advisory Council was established in 2007. Its 25 members include patients and their family members who receive care at our hospital and clinics.
In their monthly meetings and other activities, Council members work with Vanderbilt to help promote Patient- and Family-Centered Care.
In addition to the Council, advisory work groups exist in the areas of Heart Transplant, Adult Lung Transplant, Spanish Advisory Group, Metro Nashville Public Schools, and Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center.
- Collaborating with Marketing to update council website
- Medication refill and renewal feedback
- Participated in Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Medical Card Initiative
- Selected and awarded inaugural Patient and Family Choice 2022 Award winner
- Patient and Family Choice Award-Created infrastructure and nomination process, and awards
- Virtual Memorial Service for Vanderbilt University Hospital with over 1,200 views
Workplace violence poster review and feedback
Participated in Age Friendly Initiative – received certification
- Designated members participated in the Magnet appraisal process as a part of the panel session focused on community partnerships
- Participated in visitor guidelines and potential changes discussion
- Collaborated with marketing to develop a marketing plan for council member recruitment
- Participated in Nursing Magnet Designation Process for VUH & Ambulatory
Renovation and expansion
Recruited eight new members to the council
- Telling our stories
- Participated in panel for medical school class on patient engagement
- Presented information and facilitated discussion with first year medical students on day four of their education
- Participated in education session to broaden knowledge about pediatric rehab services and resources