Clinic for Transgender Health
The Clinic for Transgender Health at Vanderbilt University Medical Center brings together specially trained experts to provide and coordinate comprehensive care for transgender and gender-nonconforming adults.
From physicals and health screenings to hormone therapy and gender-affirming surgeries, our team is committed to understanding your goals and needs. No matter where you are in your transition, you’ll find what you need in a welcoming and supportive environment.
For patients under 18, please see the Pediatric Transgender Clinic for gender-affirming care.
Meet Your Care Team
- Acute and Reconstructive Burn Surgery, Cosmetic Plastic Surgery, Gender Affirmation Surgery, Migraine and Occipital Neuralgia Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- General Gynecology, General Obstetrics, Gynecology, Infertility, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding, General Gynecology, Gynecology, Infertility, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) Health, Obstetrics, Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Adolescent LGBT Health, Adolescent and Young Adult Health, Contraception, General LGBT Health, Internal Medicine, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) Health, Pediatric General Pediatrics
- Adolescent and Young Adult Health, Contraception, General Gynecology, General LGBT Health, General Obstetrics, Gynecology, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) Health
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) Health, Plastic Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Reconstructive Microsurgery, Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, Transgender Health
Why Choose Clinic for Transgender Health at Vanderbilt
- Gender-affirming services
We provide primary care, hormone therapy, surgical consults and other transition-related healthcare delivered by a culturally competent and affirming team.
- Personalized care
We tailor your gender-affirming care to meet your unique needs and health goals. We help you navigate your options to ensure that you receive the best possible care.
Our groundbreaking Trans Buddy program provides patients with volunteer patient advocates who provide emotional support during any kind of health care visit at Vanderbilt.
- Leader in research
Vanderbilt specializes in innovative research. We are excited about advancing this emerging field of medicine. You will have an opportunity, if you choose, to participate in research studies designed to improve care for transgender people.
- Recognized care
Vanderbilt is a national leader in LGBTQ patient care, including cultural competency training, research and education. We earned a 100% rating from the Healthcare Equality Index.
Transgender Clinic Story: Olivia Hill
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments and services, including:
- Gynecological surgery consultation and follow-up
- Hormone therapy
- Mental health screening
- Plastic surgery consultation and follow-up
- Primary care
- Urologic surgery consultation and follow-up