Managing specialty medications for chronic or rare conditions can be difficult. Our specialty pharmacists lend personalized support so you'll always have the medications you need.
Specialty Pharmacy is a department of Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
Meet our specialty pharmacists.
Why Use a Specialty Pharmacy
For patients with chronic conditions or hard-to-obtain medications, our specialty pharmacy offers:
- Coordinated personal care. Along with their expert knowledge of your condition and drug options, our specialty pharmacists work within your care team and understand your care plan.
- Complete therapy management programs. We provide complete therapy management programs for a number of medical conditions, including asthma, cancer, Crohn's disease, hemophilia, hepatitis C, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis and pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH).
- Initial counseling and education. We can discuss new specialty prescriptions with you before you begin taking them.
- Access to experts. We are always easy to reach with questions or concerns about your medications. Each pharmacist works within their specialty clinic, so they are available whenever you visit your doctor.
- Periodic assessments and interventions. We can help you monitor the effectiveness and safety of your medications and adjust as needed.
- Free shipping. We offer free home shipping in secure packaging and provide updates with shipment tracking information.
- Refill reminder calls. Well call to remind you so you won't miss a refill.
- Financial counseling. Our specialists can help you with insurance coverage and financial assistance. We can help research alternate funding, grants or other support to help pay for your prescriptions. We also help with applying for copayment assistance.
- Interpreter services. Visit Interpreter Services for more information.
Specialty Pharmacy Hours and General Contact Information
Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Central Time
Saturday, 8 a.m. to noon
All major holidays, closed unless otherwise announced
For questions or comments related to your specialty medication or to speak with a consulting pharmacist, please contact us at (866) 321-8664 or via Secure Online Message
Pharmacist on call (emergency 24-hour coverage): (866) 321-8664
Your doctor can send us your prescription, or you can drop it off at any of our outpatient locations. Download our specialty pharmacy enrollment form here.
We will call you to discuss your medication and payment options after we review your medical record and insurance and complete any paperwork. We can help with financial assistance, if needed.
We can ship your medications to you at no cost. We will continue to communicate with you by phone and email to discuss your therapy and remind you of refills.
For questions about getting started, call (615) 875-0080.
Specialty Pharmacy Refills
We make it easy to refill your specialty medications. We even call to remind you, so you never miss a refill.
Need to Dispose of Old Medications or Injectables?
Learn how to safely dispose of old or unused medications using our Medsafe program or at home.
Updating Your Communication Preferences
We strive to maintain good communication with patients about specialty medications. However, we respect your decision to limit the amount of communications you receive.
To discuss opting out of non-essential communications, please contact us at (615) 875-0080.
Notice of Privacy Practices
We are committed to managing your medical information in a legal and ethical manner.
Visit the National Library of Medicine for current drug facts on most medicines prescribed today.