The Vanderbilt Colon and Rectal Surgery Clinic offers compassionate care that combines state-of-the-art technology with extensive experience. Our surgeons treat all types of colon and rectal disease, including:
- adenomatous polyps
- benign and malignant masses affecting the colon and rectum
- benign diseases of the anorectum (anal fissures, hemorrhoids, anal fistulas)
- colon cancer
- Crohn's disease
- fecal (bowel) incontinence
- inherited colon and rectal cancer syndromes
- rectal cancer
- ulcerative colitis
Learn more about the conditions we treat.
Expert Care for Colorectal Cancer
Colorectal cancer is the third-most common cancer in the U.S. Most cases of colorectal cancer begin as small, noncancerous clumps of cells called polyps. Over time, some polyps can become colorectal cancers.
If you are diagnosed with colorectal cancer, our staff at the Digestive Disease Center can help you understand treatment options and coordinate your care among a team of specialists, including our experts at the Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center.
Why Choose Vanderbilt
- Our colon and rectal surgeons treat more than 3,500 patients annually from Tennessee and across the U.S.
- Being at Vanderbilt University Medical Center offers you a network of specialists, including gastroenterologists, endoscopists and cancer experts at the Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center
- Our surgeons specialize in both open and laparoscopic procedures, as well as robotic surgeries, TEMS (transanal endoscopic microsurgery), TAMIS (transanal minimally invasive surgery) and the InterStim/Sacral Nerve Simulator for fecal incontinence.
- Our surgeons are fellowship trained in the latest treatments to help minimize your hospital stay and speed recovery.
- The Colon and Rectal Surgery Outpatient Clinic offers a full range of colon and rectal surgical procedures, including flexible sigmoidoscopy, hemorrhoid banding and infrared coagulation of hemorrhoids.
- Our staff of nurses, technicians and nurse practitioners works alongside surgeons to coordinate your treatment plan and help you regain a healthy, active life.
We collaborate with specialists in these centers at Vanderbilt:
If you are an established patient with clinical questions, go to My Health at Vanderbilt.
Colon and Rectal Surgery Clinic
2501 The Vanderbilt Clinic (TVC)
1301 Medical Center Drive
Nashville, TN 37232
Fax: (615) 343-4615
Map and Directions