Rehabilitation Services From an Expert Team
We offer expert care for patients recovering from surgery or coping with joint or other orthopedic pain. Our care specialties include:
To use Rehabilitation Services, you must have a physician referral.
Partnering with Physicians to Restore You to Health
Our physical therapists and athletic trainers work with your physicians to create your rehabilitation plan. Rehabilitation may include:
- Exercise and strengthening
- Injury management
- Manual therapy such as massage
- Pain management
- Training techniques such as biofeedback
Medical Fitness Programs
Vanderbilt Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation offers a range of medical fitness programs for Vanderbilt patients recovering from or preparing for a medical procedure. We are a Medical Fitness Association member facility.
- Concurrent Access ($35/30 days) -- patients in outpatient therapy can access the fitness center to supplement their therapy.
- Transition Program ($225/90 days) -- patients transitioning from guided therapy can purchase 90-day access to the center.
- Six-Month Physician Referral Access ($300/six months) -- for patients with an orthopedic condition requiring continued use of the fitness center and a physician referral.
Orthopedic Specialty Programs
- Sport and Orthopedic Advanced Reconditioning -- a one-on-one program helping patients return to sports activity
- Better Bones -- an exercise education program for patients with decreased bone density
- Guided Exercise -- individual exercise programs tailored to each patient
- Total Joint Prep -- an exercise program for patients preparing for a total hip or knee replacement
- Total Joint Reconditioning -- a reconditioning program emphasizing gradual return to physical activity after a joint replacement
All medical fitness programs must be paid for at the time of the session. Patients are responsible for verifying insurance coverage and submitting any insurance claims.