You may need to reset your password before you log in to your account or if you get locked out of your account. Remember, your password cannot be the same as your My Health username. For increased security reasons, you must use a combination of numbers and letters (lowercase and uppercase) in your password.
Follow these simple steps to reset your My Health account password:
- Click on "Update Password" on the home page.
- Enter your information and click "Next."
- We will verify you using our third party system and you will be prompted to enter and confirm your new password. Remember, you must use a combination of numbers and letters (lowercase and uppercase) in your password.
- Click “Next.”
- To change your security question/answer, enter your password, and then click on the dropdown to select the question you would like to answer, then type the answer.
- Click “Save Security Question” when finished.
- You have now successfully changed your password. Make sure to keep your password in a safe place, if you need help remembering it.