If you are on Medicare, make sure to take advantage of your free annual wellness visit each year.
Medicare patients are eligible for a free annual wellness visit.
This is not the same as an annual physical exam. The wellness visit is a once-a-year appointment to identify what health risks you face and help you reduce your chance of developing a serious illness. The wellness visit is meant to prevent future health problems.
Medicare Annual wellness visits are free! There is no copay or coinsurance required. However, there may be a charge for tests or services resulting from the visit.
What happens at a wellness visit? We will:
- Talk about your medical history and what medications you are taking.
- Check your vital signs: Measure your height, weight and blood pressure.
- Give you a health risk assessment, which tells you how likely you are to develop certain illnesses.
- Review how well you are able to do daily activities.
- Make sure you are up to date on health screenings and vaccines that are appropriate for you.
- Create a personalized plan to help you avoid certain future medical problems.
- Talk about planning for your future care if someday you are unable to make decisions for yourself.
To schedule your Medicare annual wellness visit:
Call your Vanderbilt clinic or healthcare provider and request an appointment for your “Medicare annual wellness visit.”
Thank you for choosing Vanderbilt for your care.