If you have a medical emergency, call 911 or visit your closest emergency room. To make a non-urgent appointment at any Vanderbilt facility, call our Central Appointment Office at (615) 322-3000.
How to make the most of your appointment:
- Make a list of all the medications you currently take – prescription and over-the-counter.
- Bring copies of recent test results if they were done by a different doctor.
- At the visit, say what your main problem is first.
- Write down your doctor's diagnosis and treatment plan in case you forget a specific detail. You can also use this to ask follow-up questions later.
- Sign up for My Health at Vanderbilt. This secure Web service lets you communicate with your providers online. You can also see the results of your tests online, plus much more.