Vanderbilt LifeFlight Ground EMS is now hiring AEMTs to work in its ground ambulance. Individuals in these positions work a 36-hour work week (three 12-hour days), and are responsible for the care and treatment of patients being discharged from Vanderbilt. More than 90 percent of the discharges are BLS transports. Vanderbilt LifeFlight has eight ground ambulances, some of which are used by its ground division and shared with its Event Medicine division. Vanderbilts ground division is part of a larger VUMC effort to help streamline the discharge transport for our patients. The work is important and challenging.
- The ground EMS division is responsible for transporting patients that have been discharged from Vanderbilt University Medical Center to either another facility or home.
- The ground division is responsible for making more than 3,000 transports a year.
- You will have multiple education opportunities to grow as an EMS professional, and interact with some of the best and brightest minds in medicine.
- LifeFlights ground EMS division is part of a large LifeFlight transportation network that has more 250 employees, seven helicopters, an airplane, eight ground ambulances, and an emergency communications center.
- Perform as an AEMT within the scope of practice set forth by the Medical Director
- Maintains current certifications in CPR, VKF, and EVOC. Also, within 1 year of hire date, complete PHTLS or other trauma certification.
- Must be able to lift 125 lbs. independently and/or 250 lbs. with partner during transports in accordance with State laws.
- Completes required paperwork and documents appropriately and completely.
- Drives an emergency or non-emergency vehicle in the appropriate mode
- Checking, restocking, inventorying and cleaning any vehicle
- Communicate with professional medical personnel and treatment facilities to obtain instructions regarding further treatment and/or to arrange reception of patients to the appropriate center
- Complete patient care forms, insurance forms, evaluation forms, and all other forms in a competent and timely fashion
- Tennessee AEMT license
- Tennessee Drivers license with F endorsement
- Stable work history and strong references from healthcare managers
- Clean driving record
- At least 21 years of age
- Great customer service and a can-do attitude