The Vanderbilt Diabetes Technology Program (VDTP) helps patients better understand and utilize technology to improve their diabetes care.
In our program, you will learn about existing and emerging insulin pumps, continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) systems and other diabetes-related technologies.
Diabetes Technology: Why Choose Vanderbilt?
The Vanderbilt Diabetes Technology Program offers:
- Top specialists: Our team not only specializes in diabetes care, but also in diabetes-related technologies. With this unique combination, we can help you find the best device to fit your lifestyle.
- Collaboration: Our team of doctors, nurse practitioners and certified diabetes educators work together to find the best device to improve your diabetes care. We work closely with your primary care provider and other doctors.
- Personalized training: We help you become fully trained on your diabetes-related device. We work with you to ensure you are comfortable using the device.
- Long-term care: We will continue to monitor your diabetes care, whether in our clinic or through wearable technology and mobile applications.
- Clinical trials: Our team researches ways to improve diabetes care through the use of new technologies. Our patients have access to clinical trials that offer promising new diabetes-related technologies before they are widely available.
Vanderbilt Eskind Diabetes Clinic
Medical Center East
1215 21st Ave S., 8th floor
Nashville, TN 37232
Maps and Directions
Our experienced team may see patients at our additional locations. To find the location closest to you, contact us at (615) 343-8332.
Diabetes Technology: Conditions We Treat
We treat adult and pediatric patients with:
- Type 1 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes (requiring multiple insulin injections daily or insulin pumps)
- Other insulin-dependent forms of diabetes (patients who require insulin as a result of cystic fibrosis, chronic pancreatitis or pancreas surgery).
Vanderbilt Diabetes Technology Providers
In addition to our Diabetes Technology Program staff, many doctors, nurse practitioners and certified nurse educators within Vanderbilt Eskind Diabetes Clinic provide high-quality diabetes technology education to children and adults.
Brenda Weedman, RN
Certified Diabetes Educator (Adult clinic)
Kimberly Barnes, RN
Charge Nurse (Pediatric clinic)
For more information about our adult services, contact us at (615) 343-8332. To learn more about our pediatric services, call us at (615) 322-7842.