Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
Vanderbilt’s Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology Practice offers evidence-based gynecologic care for children and teenagers up to age 19. Young patients are evaluated and treated by full-scope, board-certified obstetrician-gynecologists who have special interest and expertise in pediatric and adolescent patients. Our youngest pediatric patients receive family-centered care in a positive atmosphere.
Patients with certain conditions may require surgical intervention. Depending on age, they will receive expert surgical care at Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt or 4 South Gynecologic Surgery at Vanderbilt University Hospital.
Meet Your Care Team
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding, Contraception, General Gynecology, General Obstetrics, Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Well Woman Care
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding, Adolescent and Young Adult Health, Contraception, General Gynecology, General Obstetrics, Gynecology, Menstrual Disorders
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding, General Gynecology, General Obstetrics, Gynecology, Obstetrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Why Choose Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology at Vanderbilt
- Positive care experiences
With our adolescent patients, we seek to gradually build healthcare autonomy over concerns such as contraception and to establish early positive experiences in women’s health that will hopefully lead to healthy habits for life.
- Surgical management
Our team features board-certified gynecologic surgeons to provide a precise level of care right here at Vanderbilt without having to see an outside specialist.
- Transition to adult care
We provide the bridge to adult care because we have both pediatric and adult specialists. This feature offers independence as our patients transition to adulthood, helping them to accept more responsibility for their ongoing health needs.
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments and services, including:
- Birth control counseling
- Long-acting reversible contraception (IUDs, implants)
- STI testing and treatment