The Patient and Family Advisory Council partners with Vanderbilt's health care team and leadership to enhance the quality of care and the experience provided to all Vanderbilt Medical Center patients and their families. We serve as a vital link between the hospital and the community. Our job is to help hospital leadership by offering suggestions about planning and evaluating services, programs, policies, teaching materials, and education for healthcare providers.
- We treat patients and families with dignity and respect and honor their choices.
- We communicate and share information in a timely way with patients and families so they can participate in care and decision-making.
- We encourage and support patients and families participation in care and decision-making at the level they choose.
- Our leaders collaborate with patients and families to develop policies and programs. We work together with patients and families in facility design, medical education, and the delivery of care.
- Patient Safety
- Patient Education
- Health Literacy
- Service and Experience Improvement
National & International Presentations by Council Members
- National Patient Safety Foundation (NPSF)
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI)
- Institute for Patient- and Family-Centered Care (IPFCC)
- University Health Systems Consortium (UHC)
- Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS)
Representation on Vanderbilt Committees
Patient & Family Engagement Steering Committee
Executive Diversity Committee
VUMC Strategic Directions Design Workgroup
PCORI Research Project
Patient Education Council
Palliative Care Committee
My Health at Vanderbilt
- Women's Health DesignShop