Vanderbilt Center for Surgical Weight Loss
- Losing Weight After Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Who Can Benefit from Bariatric Surgery?
- Insurance and Financing Options
- Related Links
Insurance and Financing Options
Before you consider weight loss surgery as an option for managing your obesity, you should contact your insurance carrier to verify:
- Weight loss surgery is covered by your policy.
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center and the surgeons at the Vanderbilt Center for Surgical Weight Loss are part of your insurance coverage.
- Your deductible, co-insurance and out of pocket maximum amount.
When calling your insurance company, please use the below codes for the operative procedures:
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: CPT 43644
- Sleeve gastrectomy: CPT 43775
- Adjustable gastric band: CPT 43770
Listed below are the names of insurance companies that in the past have approved Vanderbilt patients for weight loss surgical procedures. Contact them directly to determine whether they currently cover weight loss surgery. (Last updated 12/8/2011)
Aetna Anthem BCBS BC Advantage Medicare BCBS Alabama BCBS Arizona
BCBS Arkansas BCBS California BCBS Flordia BCBS Georgia BCBS Illinois BCBS Indiana
BCBS Massachusetts BCBS Michigan
BCBS Minnesota BCBS Nebraska BCBS North Carolina
BCBS New Jersey BCBS Oklahoma BCBS of Pennsylvania BCBS Rochester New York BCBS South Carolina
BCBS Tennessee BCBS Texas BCBS Wisconsin
Capital BCBS CareFirst BCBS Centercare
Cigna Cigna - Great West Consol
Empire BCBS Excellus BCBS
Federal BCBS First Health GEHA GreatWest Healthsprings Horizon BCBS
Humana Humana Medicare
Medicare Meritain Health
North America Administrators-PHCS
PHCS Regence BCBS
Tricare United Healthcare United Healthcare Secure Horizon Medicare HMO Unicare
Financing Options for Self-Pay Procedures:
- Wells Fargo