VSCC is the only clinic in Tennessee offering comprehensive baseline testing for athletes ages 12 and older. Our baseline tests are validated, which means all tests are taken in our facilities under expert supervision. We offer baseline testing from trained, licensed providers in several of our clinics around Middle Tennessee. To schedule your baseline appointment, call (615) 875-VSCC today.
We recommend athletes have a pre-season baseline test every 2 years.
Our baseline package includes:
- Balance Assessment
- Individual Neurologic History
- Computerized Neurocognitive Evaluation
If an athlete who has had baseline testing suffers a concussion, we can use this data to measure:
- Complexity of the injury
- Brain systems affected
- When it’s safe to return to the sport
Benefits of Baseline Testing
- Gives a useful comparison against post-concussion abilities
- Gives medical providers knowledge to create personalized plans for recovery and return to play
- Can allow athletes to return to play sooner since since coaches, athletes, parents and trainers will know goals of recovery
Baseline Testing Packages
Vanderbilt Sports Concussion Center prepares, educates and serves athletes, parents, coaches, administrators and physicians across Middle Tennessee on the effects of concussions.
The VSCC’s comprehensive program offers personalized packages to teams, schools, physician groups and other organizations to help them offer our same high standard of care to athletes.
- Comprehensive baseline testing for all participating members
- Onsite training for staff members
- VSCC educational materials
- Direct access to VSCC providers
- Concussion action plans
- Admission to an annual VSCC educational event
To learn more, please email us and one of our staff members will contact you.