Vanderbilt Medical Giving
Read our stories
Meet our patients
- Ezra tells his story of survival
- ACM Lifting Lives campers sing music from the heart
- Tammy survives a life-threatening accident
- Chelsea makes Children's Hospital history
- Devin recovers from leukemia
- Read more patient stories
|Call (615) 936-0230|
ACM Lifting Lives Campers learn to sing Music from the Heart
The 2010 Vanderbilt Kennedy Center ACM Lifting Lives Music Camp provided persons with Williams syndrome and other developmental disabilities a unique opportunity to focus on what they love and do well — music!
The annual camp is a week-long residential program designed for people with Williams syndrome and other developmental disabilities, ages 16 and older. Campers celebrate music by participating in a songwriting workshop, recording session, songwriter’s night, and a live performance on the stage of the Grand Ole Opry. Campers also are invited to participate in research.
The next music camp will take place in the summer of 2011. ACM Lifting Lives® is the philanthropic arm of the Academy of Country Music dedicated to improving lives through the power of music.