Vanderbilt Medical Giving
Vanderbilt is pioneering a new age of biomedical science, and in doing so making transformative changes in health care to create a better world, for our community and for all of humanity. We have what it takes - that unique combination of resources, facilities, experts and culture - to lead the way in discovery-based research. But we need your help to further invest in the science that will lead to groundbreaking changes in health care.
While the standard in health care is to provide the treatment that works best on average, at Vanderbilt we take a more personal approach to the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease - by focusing on what's best for you. With personalized medicine, we can match the right treatment to the right patient at the right time.
- Watch a video to learn why our differences make a difference.
- Read about the possibilities of personalized medicine.
- Learn more about Vanderbilt BioVU, our exclusive DNA databank that combines the twin scientific revolutions of geonomics and informatics to help personalize medicine.
- Contact us or call (615) 936-0230 to find out about personalized medicine giving opportunities in your area of interest.
By investing in drug discovery, Vanderbilt has positioned itself to once again get the pipeline for truly new medications and therapies flowing. Our scientists are conducting the early-stage, groundbreaking research that could lead to breakthroughs in treating real diseases that impact people in our community and around the world.
- Watch a video to learn how we are keeping the pipeline flowing with therapeutic discovery.
- Visit the Vanderbilt Institute for Chemical Biology website to learn more about drug discovery.
- Read a drug discovery spotlight: Are Your Lipids Stressed Out?
- Contact us or call (615) 936-0230 to find out about drug discovery giving opportunities in your area of passion.
Ways to Help Discovery
Donor-funded Discovery Grants allow gifted researchers to pursue exciting discoveries in basic and clinical science - aiding our understanding of disease processes and leading to better methods of prevention, diagnosis and treatment. For Vanderbilt physicians and scientists this seed money not only yields early results, it germinates the ideas that grow to large federally funded projects aimed at transformative breakthroughs in care.
- Learn how the Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center Young Ambassadors are funding a discovery grant for cancer research.
- Contact us or call (615) 936-0230 to find out about discovery grant funding opportunities in your area of passion.
How can you help?
Gifts of all sizes can lead to discoveries only an academic medical center can achieve.
- Be a part of the next big breakthrough by investing in a discovery grant.
- Help grow our endowment so we can attract the best people and provide them with the best resources.
- Let your passion inspire your gift.
Contact us to learn more about investing in discovery science.