Vanderbilt Clinical Neurosciences
Education about Stroke
Each year, we hold a professional stroke symposium, a public stroke program and screening, and a stroke screening for employees. We also participate in stroke screenings organized by the American Heart Association and by Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. We also educate the public through our clinical services and educational brochures.
From the American Academy of Neurology:
From The Stroke Network:
From the American Medical Association (JAMA):
- Transient Ischemic Attacks (TIAs)
- Are you obese?
- Breathing problems during sleep
- Cholesterol and atherosclerosis
- Ending tobacco dependence
- Guarding against stroke
- Hemorrhagic stroke
- Hospice care
- Organ donation
- Palliative care
- Quality of life
- Take your medications as prescribed
- The benefits of regular physical activity
From the American Heart Association
- What is atrial fibrillation?
- What is carotid endarterectomy?
- Why should I limit sodium (salt)?
- How can I make my lifestyle healthier?
From the American Stroke Association