The Core Laboratory for Cardiovascular Translational and Clinical Research (CLCTCR) was founded in July 2009. As part of the Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine and Clinical Outcome Research Enterprise at Vanderbilt Heart and Vascular Institute (VHVI), the primary focus of the Core Lab is to build Heart Registry/Biorepository and properly maintain biospecimen collections in the repository. In addition to the main VHVI Heart Registry, we provide sample storage service for investigator initiated clinical research projects and clinical trials. We offer experimental services oriented towards development and validation of biomarkers, direct detection/identification of genetic mutations/variations for diagnostic test or drug response.
To provide a platform for the discovery of molecular mechanisms of cardiovascular disease, to promote investigations on clinical outcome, pharmacogenomics and personailzed cardiovascular medicine and provide support for cardiovascular translational and clinical research to Vanderbilt faculty and trainees.
- VHVI Heart Registry/Biorepository. Plasma, Serum and DNA available for research.
- Human Heart Tissue Bank, heart tissues donated by heart transplant patient for research use.
- Surgical waste cardiovascular tissue samples donated by patient for research use.
- Biomarker testing using Luminex technology.
- To request VHVI Biorepository samples, please contact us at email@example.com
Links to other Core Labs at Vanderbilt Medical Center: