The program is designed to maintain the functional wellness of patients undergoing stem cell transplant therapy through exercise, education and gentle movement.
Who is it for?
- Patients who are not in physical therapy during acute stay
- Patients who can move about safely and independently
- Patients who have transportation to the Vanderbilt Dayani Center
- Patients who are not on high-dose steroids
- Patients on high-dose steroids, contact isolation or who can’t tolerate visits to an outside facility may be seen for on-going treatment by SCT physical therapy staff.
What is involved?
- Participate in guided exercise sessions tailored to their individual fitness levels
- Have the option to participate in gentle movement classes, such as tai chi and chair yoga
- Have the option to participate in educational sessions focused on topics as nutrition, mindfulness-based stress reduction and smoking cessation
- Will be continuously supervised by trained exercise specialists
Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 1-3 p.m.
The Vanderbilt Dayani Center for Health and Wellness
1500 Medical Center Drive, Nashville (across from the Children’s Hospital)
Karen Dyer at (615) 322-4751 or Karen.email@example.com
Referrals are made through the Stem Cell Transplant physical therapy staff.