We have a team to assist patients with any of the following needs:
- Billing for the cancer policies
- Questions on their billing statements
- Questions regarding personal balance owed
- Changing insurance plans
- Estimates for the future treatments
- Estimates if you have no insurance
A financial counselor may be reached at (615) 343-3161. You can also ask to see a financial evaluator at your next appointment.
Billing Services is a team for assisting patients with questions about billing policies, billing statements, personal balance owed, changing insurance plans, estimates for future treatments, and estimates if they have no insurance.
To talk to a member of the team, please use our online form or at your next appointment ask to see a Financial Evaluator.
Things to check about your insurance prior to your appointment:
- Do you need a referral to see a specialist?
- Does your primary care doctor know that you have an appointment, so they can assist in ensuring all the proper authorizations are in place?
- Is Vanderbilt in your insurance’s network?
- If not, do you have out-of-network benefits? If Vanderbilt is out-of-network and you do not have this benefit, you may be responsible for all charges incurred.
This information is usually available on most insurance provider's Web sites or the information can be obtained with a phone call to the Customer Service phone number on the back of your card.
Please bring the following with you for your physician visit:
- A copy of your insurance card(s) will be required with the first visit.
- Office co-pay is expected at the time of your visit. Please refer to your insurance card for co-pay amounts.
Please keep in mind that if you should visit more than one department in a day, a co-pay may be required at each visit for each department's services.